More about the requirements
In addition to the qualifications listed under The Requirements
tab, we're looking for a professional who has:
- Outstanding interpersonal and phone skills with the ability to convey professionalism, confidence, understanding/empathy in all interactions and tough conversations.
- Excellent communication skills including strong verbal, written, active listening ability.
- Critical thinking skills; ability to ask probing questions, think on your feet, negotiate, resolve conflict, escalate or deescalate calls as needed and appropriate, etc.
- Self-motivation; incentive-driven.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Flexibility; adaptable and able to pivot as workflow demands.
- Effective time management and multi-tasking skills in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to pass a background screening.
You will work a day shift, typically 7 AM - 4 PM in the office, with a rotating schedule of remote hours, from 6 PM - 8 PM. Currently, the Nashville team is working a mix of in-office and remote hours, with all training completed in the office. Please note, we are taking appropriate steps to ensure everyone's health and safety. When appropriate, we will finalize post-COVID return-to-work policy.
More about the role
In addition to the responsibilities under The Role
tab, some of your specific tasks will include:
More about your success
- Building successful relationships with repossession agents and clients in order to service accounts.
- Communicating verbally or systematically with clients and/or contractors to:
- Provide updates regarding account status and recommend changes if needed.
- Obtain new leads on customers/collateral locations.
- Obtain any necessary documentation or guidance to pursue the collateral/customers, such as credit applications/reference sheets and relevant prior communications.
- Provide frequent updates to summarize progress made throughout the lifecycle of orders until concluded.
- Conducting an initial review of information provided by clients to ensure accuracy.
- Performing skip tracing of customers and/or other parties to:
- Identify the best-known address to locate the client’s collateral or customer.
- Determine if the client’s customer has filed Bankruptcy, is on active duty with the military, and is the current owner/registrant of the vehicle.
Our product is service, and we strive to provide the best customer service in the industry. So, while your mission is to make it easy for our clients to get their money back, we'll also look to you to deliver best-in-class service that demonstrates:
- Defect-free products (attention to detail).
- Timely service (anticipating needs and showing a sense of urgency).
- The highest level of care and gratitude.
There is a lot to learn, from the industry to tools of the trade to variations from account to account, such as no contact clients, to the best way to handle interactions. You will need to dedicate yourself to learning and work to add value as quickly as possible. We will teach you how to handle tasks, and understand there will be a learning curve, but we can’t teach you to care about serving others. You'll need to bring strong motivation to support and serve clients, partners, and co-workers and deliver optimal outcomes. In addition, to be an outstanding Skip Trace Investigator, you will:
- Bring excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Leverage strong analytical skills to put the puzzle pieces in place, identify trends and ultimately locate customers and collateral.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Practice strong follow-up and follow-through habits.
- Remain flexible as priorities shift and changes are implemented.
- Achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player.
Your success will be reflected in your recovery rate, client scorecards, the quality of your calls, and more.
This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.